Hi, I'm Bahri, I live in San Antonio, TX and I have over 10 years of experience as a Petroleum Engineer, and have worked at both small startup service company and large organizations. I'm a proficient Petroleum Engineer and my expertise is in:
- Drilling Engineering: I was part of the team that discovered Alpine High and I successfully designed exploratory wells in various part of the field and delivered to completions.
- Data Analytics/Science: I was part of a new department created for real time drilling parameter monitoring, engineering modeling and analysis. The products created by the team later became the foundation for automated data analytics tools the operator built.
- Drilling Fluids: I worked as a Drilling Fluids Engineer in Turkey and performed duties in the field in remote parts of Turkey such as Iraq border with limited resources and close proximity to conflict zones. Also, I have completed my graduate school thesis on a drilling fluid related subject. The algorithm that I have put together at the time is now used on this website to power the hydraulics module.
- Kutlu, B. (2013). Rheology of Lightweight Drilling Fluids with Microsphere Additives.
- Kutlu, B., Takach, N., Ozbayoglu, E. M., Miska, S. Z., Yu, M., and Mata, C. (May 11, 2017). "Drilling Fluid Density and Hydraulic Drag Reduction With Glass Bubble Additives." ASME. J. Energy Resour. Technol. July 2017; 139(4): 042904. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4036540
- Kutlu, B. (2013, September 30). Rheological Properties of Drilling Fluids Mixed with Lightweight Solid. Society of Petroleum Engineers. doi:10.2118/167619-STU
I currently live in San Antonio with my wife and daughter. We enjoy exploring San Antonio, hiking and traveling.